Q:We received a contract with a very broad or undefined scope of services. How can we clarify that?
A: In writing your scope of services, consider the following:
- What you are capable and legally qualified to do?
- What risks you are willing and being compensated to assume?
- What are your client’s expectations about basic versus additional services?
- If your services are being provided on a task-order or as-needed based, how will you develop and document the scope each time a task is requested?
- Have you provided a list of excluded services and responsibilities that you are unable or unwilling to perform?